>>NOTE THAT SUBSCRIBERS GOT THIS QUESTIONS/ ANSWERS SINCE LAST NIGHT.
> No6) Comprehension Answers. 6a)The writer’s father warned them not to go out at night because recent happenings has shown that it is unsafe.
6b)”We soon reached the teacher’s house a stone throw from ours” shows that the teachers house was not far from the writer’s house.
6c)The teacher was able to discover the boys due to the powerful headlights of his car. 6d)The write got injured in his haste to get down from the mango tree’
6e)The writers father refused to open the gate because he thought his son was peaceful sleeping in his room.
ii) Delicious…. Pleasant
iii) Approaching…. Consent, sanction, coming closer
> No7) Summary Answer!
– increase in health centres
– increase in human security
– increase in research to enhance the production of more food.
– increase in Literacy rate.
– The planet(earth) may become too small to contain large population.
– increase in environmental pollution.
> 5) A story with the theme “pride goes before a fall” Mary Lee seemed to have everything. She was very beautiful with a neat trim figure and an attractive face. She was very rich. Her clothes were better than anyone else’s and she had more of them. Her books were always new and expensive as were her pens, school bags and bicycle. She was very clever too and without appearing to do very much work, she was always first in all the examinations and always answered all the questions, while the ret of the class were still thinking. With all this, or really because of all this, no one liked Mary Lee. She was too good, too clever and she was also very proud. No one was quite good enough to talk to her or to be seen with her or to be her friend. And so, with all her proud ways and riches and brains, she was lonely but she did not care because she was always best in everything. As the end of term drew near, the pupils including Mary Lee began to think about the most important prize of all. this was the prize, offered by the principal, for the best essay to be written on one of two subjects. “I needn’t worry about that,” thought Mary Lee, as the others began to read and to think about the essay. “I shall easily win; after all, my compositions are always better than the rest.” ‘Pride goes before a fall,’ they say and it certainly did in the case of poor Mary Lee. ‘Happiness’ and ‘Friendship’ were the two subjects for the essay and Mary Lee knew little about either. As she scratched her head for ideas and scribbled with her pen, she realized that she hadn’t any friends to speak of and that she was very far from being happy. She had no idea and so, she did not win the prize. Ah Chu wrote the best essay and the pupils were pleased, because he had never really excelled in anything before. He won lesson. She felt so silly because all her money and her cleverness seemed nothing compared with not wining the prize. “I mustn’t be too proud or too sure,” she thought, “the fall is very hard, if you have been too arrogant. ” She became a much pleasant person after that and her fellow pupils became her friends. She still won many prizes, but she never forgot the valuable lesson that the one prize she lost had taught her.
1. A Friend Of Yours Wants To Study In your School and has Written to you for Information And Advice. Write reply to him, Telling him all That he Needs to know About the School.
2. Some Core Value In Your Have Being Exceed by Modernization. Write An Article Suitable For The Publication In A National Newspaper on the Needs to Solve the Value for a better Society
3. The PTA of your school has decided to transfer the school into a single sex school. As a school prefect write a letter to the committee giving at least three reasons why you disagree to these decision.
4. You Are A Main Speaker In A Debate On The Topic “EDUCATION IS THE BEST LEGENCY A PARENT CAN GIVE A CHILD” Write your Argument for Or Against The Motion.
5.Write a story to illustrate the saying pride goes before is fall.